Self-guided trek from Stelvio National Park to the Brenta Dolomites
- Discover the exceptional variety of mountain landscapes in the Stelvio National Park
- Reach exclusive viewpoints along the paths of the Brenta Dolomites
- Be amazed by two completely different mountain environments in the same hiking tour
Duration 7 days
Self-guided hiking tour from the Stelvio National Park to the Brenta Dolomites
What we want to present you is a fantastic hiking tour through the environmental jewels in west Trentino. The itinerary keeps on changing sceneries, going from the green alpine valleys of Stelvio National Park to the imposing rocky towers of Brenta Dolomites.
Leaving from Val di Sole you will go into one of the most beatuiful and pristine landscapes in Ortler Cevedale. You will walk through meadows and wide valleys characterized by lush streams and sparkling waterfalls with crystal clear waters, till reaching the foot of snowy peaks on the border between Trentino and South Tyrol. With a little luck you may be able to see during the hiking trip some of the inhabitants of Stelvio National Park, such as nice marmots and agile chamois.
Completely different are the sceneries waiting for you in Adamello Brenta Natural Park. Here, in the Brenta Dolomites, the mountain group recognized as UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will walk surrounded by rock walls, horizontal ledges, steep towers, sharp edges and high peaks.
The hike ends in Madonna di Campiglio, one of the most known from the shopping lovers where fun is a must. An hiking tour that starting from an hotel in Val di Sole, passes across cozy mountain huts located in the two main mountain groups in this part of Trentino: Ortler Cevedale and Brenta Dolomites.
- Day 1
Arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- Day 2 - LAKES CORVO
Ascent: +1012m. Descent: -0m. Distance: 5km. Hiking time: 4h
Transfer by public bus in Val di Rabbi. Across forests of larches and firs the trail leads to some alpine dairies, where in the summer season the farmers are engaged in the milk processing. Beyond the vegetation you enter wide mountain grasslands and with a steadily uphill trail you reach the slopes of Quaira peak. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.435 m).
- Day 3 - COLLECCHIO PEAK
Ascent: +522m. Descent: -521m. Distance: 7km. Hiking time: 4h
Among a succession of glacial lakes, you arrive at Collecchio peak (2.957 m), which is located on the border between Val Montechiesa (South Tyrol) and Val Saent (Trentino). After a scenic stretch on easy ridge, the downhill path runs along the mountain’s coast until it reaches the wide green expanse in the hearth of Val Saent. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.436 m).
- Day 4 - SAENT WATERFALLS
Ascent: +77m. Descent: -1290m. Distance: 8km. Hiking time: 6h
Today you will undertake a pleasant and panoramic descent surrounded by agile marmots and rhododendron flowers. After the wide expanse of the Pra di Saent the path leads between bridges and water games of the Saent Waterfalls, the most majestic of the Val di Sole. The hut, which is located at the end of the hike, will be an excellent and tasty conclusion to this first part of the hike, before reaching the Brenta Dolomites. Private transfer to the departure of the Grosté cable car. Dinner and overnight in the hut (2.275 m).
- Day 5 - VAL BRENTA
Ascent: +566m. Descent: -225m. Distance: 6km. Hiking time: 3h
From the hut, descend on the path that will lead you to the discovery of Val Brenta. A day between paths and rocky steps until you reach the most beautiful amphitheater of the Brenta Group that offers one of the most evocative views of the entire Dolomites as well as the starting point of the most famous "via ferrata" of the Alps: the "Sentiero delle Bocchette". Dinner and overnight in hut (2.552 m).
- Day 6 - VALLESINELLA WATERFALLS
Ascent: +88m. Descent: -1017m. Distance: 8km. Hiking time: 5h30
We leave behind the Dolomite environment until we reach the vegetation. Continue on the path surrounded by the larch forest to the waterfalls of Vallesinella that run down between bridges and wooden walkways. Return to Val di Sole by public transport.
- Day 7
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
Discover our other hiking tours on the Alps
DATES & PRICES
20.06.2023 - 12.09.2023
|€ 630,00||Book now|
- 2 nights in 3* hotel - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed - EUR 40)
- 4 nights in mountain huts, dormitory with shared bathroom
- Half board basis
- Private transfer (day 4)
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Single room supplement in hotel EUR 40
- Solo traveller supplement EUR 50
- Transfer by public bus (day 2 and day 6) - about EUR 15 per person
- Lifts (day 4) - about EUR 20 per person
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: waterproof jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking trousers
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal hygiene items
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Sleeping bag liner + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher