Self-guided trek from Stelvio National Park to the Brenta Dolomites
- Discover the exceptional variety of landscapes in the Stelvio Park
- Reach exclusive viewpoints along the paths of the Brenta Dolomites
- Be amazed by two completely different mountain environments
Duration 7 days
Hike through the environmental jewels in west Trentino, with constantly changing sceneries passing from the green alpine valleys of Stelvio National Park to the imposing rocky towers of Brenta Dolomites.
Leaving from Val di Sole you will go into one of the most beatuiful and pristine landscapes in Ortler Cevedale. On will walk through meadows and wide valleys characterized by lush streams and sparkling waterfalls with crystal clear waters, till reaching the foot of snowy peaks on the border between Trentino and Southtyrol.With a little luck on the you can see some inhabitants of the Park, such as nice marmots and agile chamois.
Completely different are the sceneries waiting for us once reached Adamello Brenta Natural Park. Here, in the mountain group which has been recognized as ad UNESCO heritage, you will walk surrounded by rock faces, horizontal ledges, steep towers, sharp edges and high peaks.
The end of this hike is Madonna di Campiglio, one of the most known resorts for the lovers of worldliness where shopping and fun are a must. An itinerary starting from an hotel in Val di Sole, then passing through cozy mountain huts located in the two main mountain groups in this part of Trentino.
You don’t need any special training with technical knowledge in mountain, trails are always well marked. A good physical shape, which allows to walk about 4-6 hours daily, is important.
- DAY 1: arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- DAY 2: LAKES CORVO - transfer by public bus in Val di Rabbi. Across forests of larches and firs the trail leads to some alpine dairies, where in the summer season the farmers are engaged in the milk processing. Beyond the vegetation you enter wide mountain grasslands and with a steadily uphill trail you reach the slopes of Quaira peak. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2435m). +1012m / -0m / 5km / 4h
- DAY 3: COLLECCHIO PEAK - with a succession of glacial lakes you arrive at Collecchio peak (2957m), which is located on the border between Val Montechiesa (South Tyrol) and Val Saent (Trentino). After a scenic stretch on easy ridge, the downhill path runs along the mountain’s coast until it reaches the wide green expanse in the hearth of Val Saent. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2436m). +522m / -521m / 7km / 4h
- DAY 4: SAENT WATERFALLS - a pleasant and panoramic descent surrounded by agile marmots and rhododendron flowers. After the wide expanse of the Pra di Saent the path leads between bridges and water games of the Saent Waterfalls, the most majestic of the Val di Sole. The hut, which is located at the end of the hike, will be an excellent and tasty conclusion to this first part of the hike, before reaching the Brenta Dolomites. Private transfer at the departure of the Grosté cable car. Dinner and overnight in the hut (2275m) +77m / -1290m / 8km / 6h
- DAY 5: VAL BRENTA - From the refuge, descend on the path that will lead you to the discovery of Val Brenta. A day between paths and rocky steps until you reach the most beautiful amphitheater of the Brenta Group that offers one of the most evocative views of the entire Dolomites as well as the starting point of the most famous "via ferrata" of the Alps: the "Sentiero delle Bocchette". Dinner and overnight in hut (2552m). + 566m / -225m / 6km / 3h
- DAY 6: VALLESINELLA WATERFALLS - we leave behind the Dolomite environment until we reach the vegetation. Continue on the path surrounded by the larch forest to the Waterfalls of Vallesinella that run down between bridges and wooden walkways. Return to Val di Sole by public transport +88m / -1017m / 8km / 5h30
- DAY 7: departure
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
20.06.2021 - 19.06.2021
|€ 540,00||On request|
- 2 nights in 3* hotel (3°/4° bed reduction -40€)
- 2 nights in mountain hut in Stelvio National Park, dormitory
- 2 nights in mountain hut in Brenta Dolomites, dormitory
- Half board
- Private transfer from Rabbi to Grostè lift’s departure (day 4)
- Topographical map and informative documentation
- 24h support
- Public transfer from Val di Sole to Rabbi and from Campiglio to Val di Sole
- Grostè lift € 13,50 per person
- Beverages and extra
- City tax at the hotel
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: rain jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking pants
- Hicking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
- Light gloves
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face mask
- Hygienizing gel1
- Sleeping bag linen + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher