Self guided trek among the landmarks of Alta Via 1 of the dolomites
- Discover the landamrks of Alta Via 1, one of the most famous hiking trip of the world
- Mirror yourself in the emerald waters of Lake Braies, an alpine lake nestled among beautiful dolomitic walls
- Relax and immerse yourself in the wonders of the UNESCO World Heritage
Duration 6 days
In the heart of the Dolomites, nestled between the mountains, we find Lake Braies, here begins the itinerary that will take you to the foot of Cinque Torri.
This is one of the most charming itineraries of the Dolomites, many are the highlights you’ll encounter along the way. You will pass through the Fanes-Sennes-Braies National Park, one of the largest protected areas in Alto Adige, then meet the Lagazuoi, which is very important at an historical level, to then reach the Cinque Torri massif.
The trek starts and finishes in Cortina d’Ampezzo and requires four full days of hiking, during the trek you will sleep in comfortable mountain huts, some of them have been renovated.
The trek is suitable for families also.
- DAY 1: arrival in Cortina d'Ampezzo and check-in in hotel 3*
- DAY 2: LAKE BRAIES - From the bus stop take the paved road and walk to the opposite side of the lake where a deep trail starts and will lead you to the first hut. The walk proceeds through the tree belt and reach the alpine meadows at the altitude of 2000-3000 meters. Optional hikes: uphill hike to the Croda del Becco, where you can admire a 360-degree view of the Sennes plateau. Or alternatively, the hike to the Muntejela di Sennes. Dinner and overnight stay in hut. +960m -300m 10km 5h
- DAY 3: FANES-SENNES-BRAIES NATURAL PARK - A walk through the 25.680 hectares of Fanes-Sennes-Braies National Park, a various landscape: pastures, meadows full of flowers and herbs, colors, waterfalls and life. The surrounding mountains are composed of sedimentary rocks as limestone and Dolomite. This area is deeply characterized by karst, fissures and sink-holes are natural and popular phenomenons for this park. Dinner and overnight stay in hut. +550m / -650m / 11km / 5h
- DAY 4: LAGAZUOI - Day 4 is reamarkable both from a natural and historical point of view. From that point the panorama of the Dolomites is impressive. At an altitude of 2182 mt you will find the Lagazuoi lake, born by the underground springs. During the First World War the Lagazuoi massif has been transformed into a fortress and still is a real rock castle. Tunnels, trenches and military stations have been recently renewed and can be visited. Dinner and overnight stay in hut. +1050m / -440m / 13km / 6h
- DAY 5: FIVE TOWERS - Left the Lagazuoi area you will reach the Five Towers group. The nave is given by his shape composed of five towers, formed by a fracture in the original mountain. Between Lagazuoi and Forcella Averau is located Lake Limides an alpine lake with emerald water in which, on clear days, the Averau, the Tofane and the Lagazuoi are perfectly reflected. As optional hike we suggest the ascent of Monte Nuvolau, from this point you can admire a 360-degree view. The trek will finish in Passo Giau where a transfer by public bus will drive you to the base camp location. +640m / -1100m / 12km / 5h
- DAY 6: departure
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and forecasts, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
18.06.2021 - 05.10.2021
|€ 585,00||On request|
- 2 nights in hotel 3* - double/twin room
- 3 night in mountain hut - dormitory with shared bathroom
- Bed and Breakfast at hotel
- Half board basis at huts
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax
- Beverage and extra
- Private room supplement (EUR 15 per person per night)
- Single room supplement at hotel (EUR 15 per night)
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Backpack 30-45 liters
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: rain jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking pants
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal Hygiene Items
- Sleeping bag liner with blanket or sleeping bag
- Hand sanitizer
- Face mask
- Soap, shampoo, etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher