Self-guided trek between mountain dairies, huts and agritourisms in Stelvio National Park
- A trek among alpine dairies, mountain huts and agritourisms to discover alpine hospitality in all its forms
- 4 full hiking days among ever new landscapes, from the green meadows to the Ortles Cevedale bare rock
- The comfort of sleeping in private rooms at high altitude two nights out of four
Duration 6 days
Hiking in the Stelvio National Park: self-guided trek among alpine dairies, mountain huts and agitourisms
A trek in the heart of the Stelvio National Park, where you can appreciate the harmonious fusion between nature and alpine traditions.
The tour develops in very different environments and every day excites with completely new scenarios. From the green meadows of the alpine pastures to the bare rocks that guard the high-altitude huts, the trek develops along well-signposted paths and accompanies you step by step to discover different styles of mountain hospitality.
During the trek, you will indeed have the opportunity to stay at a mountain dairy in a private room with en-suite bathroom, two mountain huts and a second "malga" where a agritourism is now housed. In this itinerary you will be able to touch all the facets of alpine hospitality and the traditions of pasture and mountaineering that have contributed to the preservation of the mountain for centuries.
But it doesn't end there! Crossing two mountain passes, the tour will take you to discover two different mountain groups and valleys: Ortler Cevedale and Maddalene, Val di Rabbi and Val di Non.
A trek that combines the knowledge of the peasant world, traditional Trentino hospitality and good Alpine cuisine with the scents and sounds of nature within the largest protected territory of the Alps.
- Day 1
Arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- Day 2 - VAL MALEDA
Ascent: +1065m. Descent: -225m. Distance: 7,8km. Hiking time: 4h45 (alternatively a less scenic but shorter itinerary is available. Ascent 875m. Distance 6,5km. Hiking time 3h45)
Once reached Val di Rabbi, the itinerary begins on a forest road which soon leads to the Tibetan bridge: an amusing 100-meter passage suspended above the waterfalls of Rio Ragaiolo. Arrived on the opposite side, the trail continues surrounded by forest until the first mountain dairy, ideal spot for a refreshing break cheered by the sound of cowbells grazing in the pasture – and if you have managed to wake up early you could still be in time for the milk processing! After a good recharge, walk between beautiful meadows to the old Mlaga Fratte Alta, enjoying long views over the valley and the snowy peaks of Sternai. After crossing a bridge to reach the opposite side of the valley, less than 2km are missing to reach the alpine dairy. Dinner and overnight stay in mountain dairy (2.060 m).
- Day 3 - VAL SAENT
Ascent: +400m. Descent: -30m. Distance: 8km. Hiking time: 4h
After an energic breakfast with products at km 0, it is time to head to the next alpine hut. With a gradual ascent the trail skirts the coast of the mountain overlooking Val Saent and passing through vast grassy slopes and clear waterways it reaches a wide hollow at the foot of Ortler Cevedale. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.437m).
- Day 4 - COLLECCHIO PEAK AND CORVO LAKES
Ascent: +530m. Descent: -530m. Distance: 8km. Hiking time: 4h
Today’s hike initially develops with easy slopes between small streams and green meadows. Continuing you can enjoy new fantastic views of the magical Val Saent and in particular of Prà Saent. Gradually the climb becomes more demanding until you reach Giogo Nero first and then Collecchio Peak, with even more suggestive high-altitude panoramas. The vegetation gives way to the bare rock of Ortler-Cevedale and from Collecchio Peak you can enjoy a breathtaking view of Val d'Ultimo (South Tyrol). From here you continue hiking downhill to the suggestive Corvo Lakes, which you will first appreciate from above for then getting closer and closer until you reach them, so as to appreciate their beauty from a thousand angles. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.435m).
- Day 5 - PALÙ PASS
Ascent: +200m. Descent: -820m. Distance: 7km. Hiking time: 3h30
Today’s hike is the gentler of the tour. You will have the possibility to walk among vast green meadows on a trail without big ascent or descents. You will enjoy new panoramas until you reach the Palù Pass, entering this way in Val di Non for the first time during your tour. From here the descent begins to your last stop in the mountains! Dinner and overnight stay in agritourism (1.830m).
- Day 6
Departure by private transfer (9.30 am).
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team based on weather conditions and forecasts, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
Discover our other hiking tours on the Alps
DATES & PRICES
20.06.2023 - 17.09.2023
|2||€ 560,00||On request|
20.06.2023 - 17.09.2023
|3-6||€ 530,00||On request|
- 1 night in hotel 3* - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed - EUR 20)
- 1 night in alpine dairy - private room with en-suite bathroom
- 1 night in mountain hut - private room with shared bathroom
- 1 night in mountain hut - shared room with shared bathroom
- 1 night in alpine dairy/agritourism - shared room with shared bathroom
- Half board basis
- Private transfer to your car (day 6)
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Single room supplement in hotel EUR 20
- Solo traveller supplement EUR 60
- Transfer by public bus (day 2) - about EUR 5 per person
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: waterproof jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking trousers
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal hygiene items
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Sleeping bag liner + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher