Haute Route Chamonix-Zermatt
- Chamonix-Zermatt: the most famous ski mountaineering route for crossing the Alps
- Haute Route with some of the most amazing views in high altitude in the heart of the Alps
- The atmosphere in Chamonix, world’s mountaineering capital and the exclusiveness of Zermatt at the foot of Mount Cervino / Matterhorn
Duration 7 days
The Chamonix-Zermatt ski touring route, discovered over a hundred years ago by English mountaineers, is the first great crossing of the Alps in the history of ski mountaineering.
It is an amazing route, and definitely one of the most remarkable routes of the Haute Route, linking the world’s mountaineering capital to the splendid Zermatt at the foothills of one of the most renown peaks of the Alps, Mount Cervino / Matterhorn.
Its reputation derives from the its surroundings, the sensations, and the panorama in high altitude of the Haute Route.
The Chamonix - Zermatt ski touring route is a great classic among mountaineering enthusiasts and it is, without a doubt, very demanding with its the high altitude and difference in level of its stages require a certain amount of training.
- DAY 1: arrival in Chamonix - Argentière and meeting with Campo Base Team / mountain guides UIAGM and accommodation
- DAY 2: Chamonix, Col des Grands, Argentière, Col du Chardonnet 3323 m a.s.l., Fenetre de Saleina, Cabane du Trient 3170 m a.s.l.
- DAY 3: Cabane du Trient , Campex, tran sport by bus or taxi to Orsier e Verbier, Cabane de Monfort 2457 m a.s.l.
- DAY 4: Cabane du Monfort, Rosablanche 3336m a.s.l., Dix lake, Cabane De Dix 2928 m a.s.l.
- DAY 5: Cabane De Dix, Colle di Brenay, Pignè D'Arolla 3796 m a.s.l., Cab. Des Vignettes 3158 m a.s.l.
- DAY 6: Cabane des Vignettes, Colle dell'Eveque 3400 m a.s.l., Col du Mont Breule, Tetè De Valpelline 3802 m a.s.l., Schonbielhutte 2694 m a.s.l., Zermatt - Chamonix
- DAY 7: departure to the various destinations
The program could be changed at discretion of Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
Check out our offer of ski mountaineering tours
DATES & PRICES
02.04.2022 - 01.05.2022
|min4-max5||€ 1495,00||On request|
- 2 nights in Chamonix - triple/quadruple rooms
- B&B basis
- 4 nights in a mountain hut multiple - dormitory
- Half board basis
- 5 days with UIAGM local Guide - English speaking
- Private transfer from Zermatt to Chamonix
- Instructions and assistance with logistics
- 24-hour support
- City tax
- Beverages and extra
- Other transportation and skipass
- Cancellation and medical insurance
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
Changes in exchange rates euro-swiss franc may lead to a prices' review and currency adjustment.
- Water bottle
- Skis and ski boots
- Arva, spade and probe
- Ski sealskins
- Gloves and cap
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Warm jacket
- Warm pants
- Thermal underwear
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face Mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Soap, shampoo, etc.
- Sleeping bag
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Mobile phone and a charger
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- First aid kit
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher