Self-guided trek in Val Gardena and Siusi plateau
- Discover the magic places of Alpe di Siusi plateau, Europe's largest and most beautiful high-altitude plateau
- Relax in the traditional hospitality of family-run alpine huts
- Enjoy pleasant walking days among the magnificent landscapes of Gardena Dolomites
- Ideal for families with children from 7 years
Duration 5 days
Self-guided trek among the Dolomites of Val Gardena: family hiking tour
Val Gardena and its dolomite mountains offer a wide variety of hut-to-hut treks, suitable also for young hikers. Starting from the famous Alpe di Siusi, Europe's largest and most beautiful high-altitude plateau, you will walk through the most fascinating landmarks of the Dolomites.
After a stroll across the flowery meadows of the plateau, you will reach the high-altitude region of Sicilar massif walking on the wall-maintained trails of Rosengarten group, to then arrive at the foot of Sassopiatto and Sassolungo, emblem of Val Gardena.
The cozy atmosphere of the alpine huts will gift hikers with the true intimate essence of the mountains. A beautiful itinerary that in only 3 hiking days allow to explore and discover the majestic Dolomite Mountains.
Self-guided trekking in Val Gardena and Alpe di Siusi is perfect for children used to walking in the mountains.
- Day 1
Arrival in Val Gardena and check-in in 3* hotel.
- Day 2 - ALPE DI SIUSI PLATEAU
Ascent: +820m. Descent: -370m. Distance: 13km. Hiking time: 5h
Take the lift from Ortisei to Monte Seuc where your hike begins right in the heart of Alpe di Siusi. After admring the large view from the Sella and Sassolungo group up to the Sciliar, the trail heads through lush meadows and past mountain dairies and continues until a small mountain dairy located at 1.850 meters. From here begins the climb following the so-called “Touristensteig” which leads after a series of zigzags to the hut. Dinner and overnight stay (2.450 m).
- Day 3 - SCILIAR GROUP
Ascent: +500m . Descent: -630m. Distance: 13km. Hiking time: 4h
Before breakfast it is worthy to climb to Monte Pez, the top of Siciliar massif to admire a beautiful sunrise over the Dolomites (about 45 minutes). Today’s route is almost flat, there are some part of ups and downs before reaching Alpe di Tires, from where you can enjoy the wonderful views of the surrounding Siciliar-Catinaccio Nature Park. Running along Antermoia group the route descent to Passo Duron and ends at the foot of the magnificent formations of Sassolungo and Sassopiatto. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.300m).
- Day 4 - SASSOLUNGO
Ascent: +360m . Descent: -490m. Distance: 10km. Hiking time: 4h
The hike today is straightforward with some light up and downs. It start at Sasso Piatto and ends at Passo Sella. You will walk around Sassolungo and along the route you will see Val Gardena, the scenic Alpe di SIusi Plateau and later Puez-Odle and Sella mountain groups. Those who wish can opt for a more complex track that pass through the region of Sassolungo. From Passo Sella public bus back to the hotel.
- Day 5
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
DATES & PRICES
11.06.2023 - 08.10.2023
|€ 690,00||Book now|
- 2 nights in hotel 3* - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed up to 16 yo - EUR 10)
- 2 nights in mountain hut - dormitory with shared bathroom
- Bed and Breakfast at the hotel (day 1 and 4)
- Half board basis at huts (day 2-3)
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Single room supplement EUR 30
- Private room supplement at huts EUR 15 per person per night - on request
- Transfer by public bus (day 4)
- Lifts (day 2)
- Dog supplement - EUR 10 per day per dog
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: waterproof jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking trousers
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal hygiene items
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Sleeping bag liner + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher