Val di Sole
“We were born and bred in Val di Sole and continue to work here!
The main reasons behind the starting up and developing of Campo Base stem from our true passion for the Trentino culture, the mountains and genuine trips”
The valley of Val di Sole is our Base Camp because it is synonymous with active holidays, genuine stays and mountain activities, both during the summer and winter!
We’re in Trentino which in turn is in the heart of the “Southern Alps”, between Stelvio National Park and the Adamello Brenta Natural Park.
This valley is composed of a variety of natural settings from the lower part at 700m a.s.l right up to the 3600m a.s.l. of Mount Cevedale, enclosed within the mountain range of Ortles – Cevedale, the Brenta Dolomites and Adamello-Presanella.
The history and the culture of Val di Sole is based on alpine tradition and its hard working people, strongly rooted to their local territory and capable of giving a genuine kind of welcoming, in the endless search for a balance between tradition, innovation and development.
The beauty of Val di Sole are the alpine landscapes, the countless shades of green of the meadows and woodlands, the clear blue skies, the glaciers, alpine lakes, waterfalls and streams, the genuine smells, the smiles and friendliness… and during the winter the heaps of snow : )
This valley, because of its environmental and territorial aspects, is a wonderful “playground” for winter and summer activities and sports:
- Excursions and themed walks in splendid alpine landscapes of Stelvio National Park.
- Trekking and biking through the mountain refuges of Ortles- Cevedale, Adamello –Presanella and Brenta Dolomites
- Nordic Walking along specific itineraries in Val di Peio and in Val di Rabbi
- Via ferratas and rock climbing Brenta Dolomites
- Free-climbing rock faces of Val di sole
- Mountain biking & downhill biking in Val di Sole – where the world Mountain bike championships took place in 2008 - and the Super 35 km cycling path along the Noce river
- Horseback trek along specific itineraries
- Thrilling rides on rafts on the rapids of Noce river o canyoning in the gorges of Val di Sole
- A Tagesmutter and activities for children “Small champions day”, the tales told by storytellers “l’om de le storie”, the “nanin del bosco”, “piacere, siamo gli abitanti del bosco” the “folletti in lana” and many more creative workshops in the Stelvio National Park and in the Adamello Brenta Natural Park.
- Thermal and Wellness treatments at Terme di Peio e Rabbi mountain of health and wellbeing
- Alpine Skiing: 3 ski resorts – Brenta Dolomites, Passo Tonale and Peio- with more than 200 km of slopes and numerous snow-parks & ski-cross and a ski lift that bring you up to 3000 m, the Peio3000 ski lift
- Nordic skiing : 55 km of routes in Val di Rabbi, Commezzadura, Mezzana, Ossana, Cogolo, Vermiglio and Passo del Tonale
- Snow park for children: Cirmolino in Val di Peio, Biancaneve Snow Park a Cogolo, Scivolandia at Mezzana, Daolasa Kids in Val Mastellina, Marillandia at Marilleva and Fantaski at Passo del Tonale
- Ski mountaineering: Many beautiful itineraries of various difficulty in Val di Rabbi, Val di Pejo and Val di Sole
- Thrilling Free-rides Passo del Tonale
- Ice-climbing in the amazing setting of the waterfalls of Cascate di Valorz in Val di Rabbi
- Snowshoe excursions during the day and evening in the Stelvio National Park
- Historic-cultural itineraries like the Forte Strino Fort and the Sbarramento di Valle on the righ: Pian Vegaia, Pian dei Mughi, Val degli Orsi; Ethnographic trails like Via del Latte and the Cardatura della Lana; the numerous museums such as Segherie Veneziane, l’Antico Caseificio Turnario, il Mulino Ruatti in Val di Rabbi and in Val di Peio
- Enjoy genuine flavours in high altitude, with slow food and mouth-watering holidays
…along with many other opportunities are just waiting for you in Val di Sole!