Ski-mountaineering in Ötztal alps, which has some of the highest peaks of the alps.
- A week of ski-mountaineering in the Ötztal alps, Tyrol.
- Thrilling days spend in some of the highest peaks of Tyrol like Wildspitze at 3.774 m.a.s.l. and Palla Bianca at 3.739 m.a.s.l.
- Six days staying in the "Ventner Skirunde" mountain lodges, known for their warm welcoming and tasty cuisine.
Duration 7 days
Spend a week ski-mountaineering in the Ötztal alps in Tyrol, on the mountains of Obergurgl-Hochgurgl, Gries, Niederthai and Vent, that’s a true paradise for the high-altitude winter sports enthusiasts.
Here you’ll be skiing on some of the highest mountains of the Tyrol region like Wildspitze 3.774 m and the Palla Bianca 3.739 m where you’ll experience some breath-taking views and amazing thrills.
The excursions will be carried out predominantly on glaciers at an altitude of between 2500 and 3770 metres where you can choose from an array of over 100 peaks that reach over 3000m in height!
Your base Camps for this trip will be a come mountain lodges of "Ventner Skirunde" famous for their warm welcome and delicious cuisine.
- DAY 1: VENT : meeting with Mountain Guides and departure for the climb to Martin Busch Huette
- DAY 2 - DAY 3: daily excursions. According to the weather forecast and snow conditions Similaun (3606m) - Fineilspitze (3516m)
- DAY 4: excursion with arrival at Vernagthuette
- DAY 5 - DAY 7: daily excursions. According to the weather forecast and snow conditions Weisskugel (3739 m) - Winterjoch (3410 m) - Vernagtspitze (3530m) - Wildspizte (3772m)
- DAY 7: back from the excursion, departure to the various destinations
- 6 nights’ stay in an alpine lodge - shared rooms | half-board
- 7 days accompanied by a Mountain Guide / UIAGM / that knows English
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for your entire week’s stay
- Transfers can be organized on demand
- Cancellation, medical and luggage insurance - on request
- Management practice fee: € 20,00
- Everything else that is not mentioned in Included services
Due to local weather conditions this programme can be altered slightly at the last minute at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM, though it will basically keep the main objectives described.
- Vent, Piazza della Chiesa - at 12:00
Difficulty and techical preparation
- Medium / high
- Split-level - 800 / 1100m daily
- Highest altitude reached: 3770 m.a.s.l.
- Daily commitment - 6 / 7 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Skis and ski boots
- Arva (avalanche transceivers), snow shovel and probe
- Ski sealskins
- Technical winter wear
- Gloves and cap
- Sleeping bag
All equipment can be hired, just contact Campo Base.
…further recommended equipment
- Back pack and water bottle
- sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher