Self-guided hike among lakes and glaciers in Ortler Cevedale
- Discover in this self-guided hiking tour the exceptional landscape variety of Ortler Cevedale, walking in one of the biggest European nature reserves
- Reach the exclusive panoramic points that reveille breathtaking views of summits, all over 3500 meters
- Enjoy the traditional hospitality of family-run alpine huts in one the best hiking tour on the Alps
Duration 8 days
Self-guided hiking tour to Ortler Cevedale in the Stelvio National Park
A beautiful self-guided hiking tour to discover the uncontaminated nature of Stelvio National Park, land of lakes and glaciers. In this itinerary you will come across the valleys of Trentino and South Tyrol and several alpine landscapes.
The natural scenery changes constantly: from meadows and grazing lands to the red rocks surrounding the huts, from the sparkling waters of Saent waterfalls to the alpine lakes of Cevedale...up to the vast and isolated environment of Careser glacier that offers wide views of the most renowned peaks of Ortler Cevedale, Adamello and Brenta Dolomites mountain ranges.
A hut to hut six-day self-guided hiking tour among comfortable mountain huts, walking from peak to peak, but with all the organization and assistance of Campo Base before and during the hike!
- Day 1
Arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- Day 2 - LAKES CORVO
Ascent: +1012m. Descent: -0m. Distance: 5km. Hiking time: 4h.
Transfer by public bus to Val di Rabbi. Across forests of larches and firs, the trail leads to some alpine dairies, where during the summer season the farmers milk thei herds. Above the tree-line, you enter wide mountain grasslands and, with a steadily uphill trail, you reach the slopes of Quaira peak. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.435 m).
- Day 3 - COLLECCHIO PEAK
Ascent: +522m. Descent: -521m. Distance: 7km. Hiking time: 4h.
Going besides a succesion of glacial lakes, you arrive at Collecchio peak (2.957 m). The peak is located on the border between Val Montechiesa (South Tyrol) and Val Saent (Trentino). After a scenic stretch on an easy ridge, the downhill path runs along the mountain’s coast until it reaches the wide green expanse in the heart of Val Saent. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.436 m).
- Day 4 - VAL MARTELLO
Ascent: +680m. Descent: -855m. Distance: 9km. Hiking time: 6h.
Surrounded by a barren and stony environment, you reach Saent Pass (2.965 m), which divides Val di Rabbi from Val Martello. From the pass, the descent into South Tyrol begins and allows you to reach the grazing lands of Paradiso al Cevedale on the opposite side of Rio Plimbach. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.403 m).
- Day 5 - FORCOLA GLACIER
Ascent: +680m. Descent: -855m. Distance: 9km. Hiking time: 6h.
The itineray continues with crossing the Forcola Glacier, which you will cross noting the signs of its melting especially on the steep final stretch just before Forcola Pass (3.032 m). Here you can admire a beautiful view of the best-known peaks of Ortler Cevedale. The descent on the opposite side of the mountains brings you back to the region of Trentino ending at the hut, which is surrounded by a crown of peaks over 3.500 meters: Cevedale, Zufall, Palon de la Mare and Vioz peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.607 m).
- Day 6 - CARESER GLACIER
Ascent: +514m. Descent: -685m. Distance: 11km. Hiking time: 5h30.
Walking across a plateau dotted with numerous alpine lakes, you arrive at Lake Careser (2.603 m). With moderate slopes on rocky terrain, you reach the limit of Careser Glacier that in about 1h, will be crossed to its eastern edge (3121m). After a gentle, you descend once again to the green pastures of Val Saent. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.436 m).
- Day 7 - SAENT WATERFALLS
Ascent: +0m. Descent: -920m. Distance: 6km. Hiking time: 3h30
Today you will undertake a pleasant and panoramic descent surrounded by agile marmots and rhododendron flowers. After the wide expanse of the Pra di Saent, the path leads you between the bridges and the water games of Saent Waterfalls, the most majestic waterfalls of Val di Sole. The mountain dairy, located at the end of the hike, is an excellent spot to taste local products before going back to the hotel.
- Day 8
The program could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide (UIAGM certified) based on weather conditions and snow levels, maintaining unaltered, however, the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
19.06.2021 - 19.09.2021
|€ 560,00||Book now|
- 2 nights in hotel 3* - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed - EUR 40)
- 5 nights in mountain hut - dormitory with shared bathroom
- Half board basis
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Rental of crampons (if necessary according to environmental conditions ) - EUR 15 per person
- Transfer by public bus (day 2 and day 7) - about EUR 10 per person
- Supplement single room in hotel EUR 30
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Crampons - rental on request with supplement
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: waterproof jacket + trousers, or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking pants
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
- Light gloves
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Microfibre towel
- Sleeping bag liner + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power pack for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher