...on the sunny south side of the Alps
- from on-slope to off-slope skiing and from alpine skiing to ski mountaineering
- the Valleys of Racines, Ridanna, Fleres e Vizze …quality and quantity of snow!
- The culture of Alto-Adige: enchanting towns full of history, friendly people, welcoming facilities and a refined cuisine
Duration 7 days
In Alto Adige, the valleys of Racines, Ridanna, Fleres e Vizze which are situated on the sunny side south of the Alps, offer a vast variety of ski mountaineering trips… from simple excursions to more demanding ski adventures!
A typical characteristic of the Brenner Valleys - along the crest of the border between the south side and north side of the Alps- is that the quantity and quality of its snow is if often hard to find anywhere else!
A unique combination of ski mountaineering and alpine landscape: amazing views, enchanting towns full of history, friendly people, welcoming facilities and a refined cuisine of tradition flavours.
During this week a progressive switch from on-slope to off-slope skiing and from alpine skiing to ski mountaineering is carried out.
Starting with the skiing techniques used on the slopes you will switch to skiing ion fresh snow off the slopes finishing up with proper ski mountaineering excursions!
- DAY 1: VIPITENO : meeting with mountain guide
- DAY 2: RACINES: technical notions for off-slope skiing and ski mountaineering
- DAY 3: RACINES: technical notions for off-slope skiing and ski mountaineering
- DAY 4: VAL RIDANNA: easy ski mountaineering trip in Val Ridanna
- DAY 5: easy ski mountaineering trip in Val di Fleres
- DAY 6: easy ski mountaineering trip in Val di Vizze
- DAY 7: departure for any given destination
The main destinations during this week will be for example Kleine Kreutzspitze (2518 m); la Mauererspitze (2628 m); l'Hocheck (2867 m); la Elles Spitze (2676 m); Cima Libera (3425 m)
- 6 nights in hotel*** - double room | half board beverages excluded
- 6 day accompanied by Alpine Guides / UIAGM / that speak English
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Transportation to the activity spots - although it can be organized
- Cancellation, medical and luggage insurance on request
- Tourist tax
- Management practice fee € 20
- Everything else not mentioned in the Included services
The program could be changed the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
- Hotel Hubertushof***, Vipiteno / Sterzing (or similar) - at 6p.m.
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Gradient - 600 / 1000 m daily
- Maximum altitude reached: 2900 m
- Daily commitment - 5/ 6 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Skis and ski boots
- Arva, spade and probe
- Ski sealskins
- Technical winter clothing
- Gloves and cap
All equipment can be hired - just contact Campo Base
…further recommended equipment
- Back pack and water bottle
- Sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document
- Campo Base Voucher