Self-guided trek in Stelvio National Park
- Discover the exceptional landscapes variety of Ortler Cevedale, in one of the biggest European nature reserves
- Along the route reach the exclusive panoramic points that reserve breathtaking views of summits all over 3500 meters
- Enjoy the traditional hospitality of family-run alpine huts
Duration 5 days
A trekking to discover the unspoilt nature of the Stelvio National Park.
There are many different natural environments that you will discover during this tour: from the green meadows of the valley floor to the rocky environments surrounding the refuges, from the cool alpine lakes to the sparkling Saent Waterfalls. The fatigue of the day will be rewarded by the magnificence of the landscapes that you will encounter day by day.
4 days in comfortable alpine huts with excursions to be undertaken individually, but with all the organization and assistance of Base Camp before and during the trek!
- DAY 1: arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- DAY 2: LAKES CORVO - transfer by public bus in Val di Rabbi. Across forests of larches and firs the trail leads to some alpine dairies, where in the summer season the farmers are engaged in the milk processing. Beyond the vegetation you enter wide mountain grasslands and with a steadily uphill trail you reach the slopes of Quaira peak. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2435m).+1012m / -0m / 5km / 4h
- DAY 3: COLLECCHIO PEAK - with a succession of glacial lakes you arrive at Collecchio peak (2957m), which is located on the border between Val Montechiesa (South Tyrol) and Val Saent (Trentino). After a scenic stretch on easy ridge, the downhill path runs along the mountain’s coast until it reaches the wide green expanse in the hearth of Val Saent. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2436m). +522m / -521m / 7km / 4h
- DAY 4: CIMA ROSSA - surrounded by a barren and stony environment you climb to the Passo di Saent (2965m) that divides the Val di Rabbi from the Val Martello, from here begins the ascent that will take you to the Cima Rossa (3347m) from where you will have a wonderful view of the surrounding landscape. Dinner and overnight in the hut (2436m). + 910m / -910m / 7km / 5h
- DAY 5: SAENT WATERFALLS - pleasant and panoramic descent surrounded by marmots and rhododendron flowers. Once overpassed the wide expanse of Pra di Saent, the trail passes between the bridges and the water features of Saent waterfalls, the most majestic in Val di Sole. Return by public transport to the hotel. Dinner and overnight at hotel. +0m / -920m / 6km / 3h30
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
21.06.2020 - 18.09.2020
|€ 435,00||On request|
- 2 nights in hotel 3* - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed - EUR 20)
- 3 nights in mountain hut - dormitory with shared bathroom
- Half board basis
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Transfer by public bus (day 2 and day 7) - about EUR 10 per person
- Supplement single room in hotel EUR 15
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Crampons - rental on request with supplement
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: rain jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking pants
- Hicking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
- Light gloves
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face mask
- Hygienizing gel1
- Sleeping bag linen + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher