Self-guided trek between mountain dairies and pastures in Val di Rabbi
- Admire the spectacle of the high altitude sunrise with a 360 º view that ranges from the Brenta Dolomites to the Ortles Cevedale group
- Rediscover ancient customs of the aplina tradition and enjoy tasty products km0
- Spend the nights under a starry sky staying in private rooms all furnished in pine wood: this scent is renowned for improving the quality of sleep
Duration 3 days
Surrounded by the picturesque Chain of Maddalene and the imposing group of 'Ortles Cevedale, the Val di Rabbi is a typical alpine resort that all today preserves the traditions of the past. This area, in addition to the many natural aspects, is renowned for the presence of pastures and pastures still used when, in summer, livestock is brought from the valley floor to the mountain pastures.
Over 100km of trails connect the most important mountain huts located in this natural paradise. The hut is a place where you can live an authentic experience in contact with nature away from the chaotic rhythms of everyday life. They are evidence of an ancient tradition still alive and of a continuous relationship between the alpine populations and the mountain environment. In these places in addition to attending to the processing of milk and cheese production according to traditional techniques, you can enjoy delicious products km0 and stay in fragrant rooms cirmolo.
An unforgettable sunrise at the top of the mountain, a taste of high-altitude dairy life, safe trails at the edge of the vegetation surrounded by pastures, flowers and wild animals will make this experience unique.
- DAY 1: arrival by own means to the parking lot in Loc. Masi di Sopra. The excursion develops on forest road in a forest environment characterized by a vegetation of firs and larches. Along the way there are some pastures, an ideal place to meet many animals including cows and sheep brought to the pastures in the summer to take advantage of the foraging resources of the mountain. The day ends with a stay in one of these huts, recently renovated to offer an unforgettable experience. Dinner and overnight in the mountain hut (1910m). +660m / -150m / 5km / 3h (the itinerary can be alternatively lengthened +730m / -220m / 7km / 4h)
- DAY 2: Wake up early in the morning to reach Cima Vesa (2400m) from where you can admire the spectacle of the sun rising in the mountains. Return to the mountain hut for a tasty breakfast of Alpine products. Morning of relaxation waiting to enjoy a hearty barbecue surrounded by a valuable natural environment. At 17:00, when the cows come back from the pastures, you can watch the milking and processing of milk. Then there will be the 'casaro' dinner, marked by typical products and km0. Dinner and overnight in the mountain hut. Ascent: +520m / -55m / 3km / 2h ; descent: +55m / -520m / 3km / 1h30
- DAY 3: Leaving the mountain hut in the morning, today’s itinerary develops along a pleasant path known as 'La Via delle Malghe'. This new path connects the various alpine pastures of the Val di Rabbi and in a magical way allows you to immerse yourself in the surrounding nature. Along the way you can enjoy incomparable views of the distant peaks of the Brenta Dolomites and the overhanging mountain range of Maddalene. Descent to Stablum and private transfer back to the car park Loc. Masi di Sopra. +405m / -840m / 9km / 4h30
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and forecasts, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
11.06.2021 - 09.10.2021
|€ 245,00||On request|
- 2 nights in mountain dairy - private room with private bathroom (3rd-4th bed reduction -EUR 45)
- Half board basis
- Barbecue (day 2)
- Packet lunch (day 3)
- Dairy farm visit
- Private transfer (day 3)
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax
- Beverage and extra
- Solo hikers - EUR 50
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: rain jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking pants
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face mask
- Hygienizing gel1
- Sleeping bag linen + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher