Hiking from the Ortles-Cevedale Mountains down to Garda Lake
This is a trip that will take you through some of the must outstanding and beautiful environments found in the western part of the Trentino region: the lush green alpine valleys of Stelvio National Park full of torrents and waterfalls, the majestic peaks of the Brenta Dolomites and the mild climate of the magical Garda lake.
The week will be spent walking along mountain trails and via ferratas routes, spending nights in cosy mountain refuges or friendly B&B’s, a kind of holiday that offers the possibility to unite various thrilling experiences like hiking from one refuge to the next, crossing glaciers, via ferratas routes along sunny mountain ledges, canyoning or rock-climbing over Garda Lake – which is the main stage for living Outdoor Trentino.
Duration7 days/6 nights
7 days / 6 nights
da 765,00 €
- SUNDAY – meeting with Mountain Guides in Trento then transfer to Val di Peio and climb up to Larcher mountain refuge (2608 m)
- MONDAY – VAL DI PEIO / VAL DI RABBI: Larcher mountain refuge - Vedretta del Careser - Bocca di Saent (3143 m) - Dorigoni mountain refuge (2436 m)
- TUESDAY- VAL DI RABBI / BRENTA DOLOMITES: Rifugio Dorigoni – Saent Waterfalls – transfer to Campiglio - Tuckett mountain refuge ( 2275 m)
- WEDNESDAY– BRENTA DOLOMITES: Tuckett mountain refuge – climb to Alimonta mountain refuge (2580 m)
- THURSDAY –BRENTA DOLOMITES: Rifugio Alimonta - Via ferrata of the Bocchette Centrali - Rifugio Pedrotti/Tosa (2491 m)
- FRIDAY - DOLOMITI DI BRENTA/ GARDA LAKE: Perdotti mountain refuge – descent to Molveno and then transfer to Garda Lake - accommodation in B&B
- SATURDAY – GARDA LAKE: A day outdoors on the Lake and in the afternoon trip to Trento and the departure to various destinations.
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / mountain guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions and snow, however maintaining the basic structure of the and objectives of the proposition.
- Trento – Parking Lot Area Zuffo (Exit A22 at Trento Centre) at 8.30 a.m.
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Medium / High
- Ascent gradient – 700 / 800 daily
- Maximum altitude reached: 3143 m
- Daily commitment – 5 / 6 ore
Equipment and clothing required
- Biking boots
- Technical mountain wear along with windcheater and change of underwear
- Gloves and cap
- Back pack and water bottle
- Kit ferrata
- Sleeping bag
All equipment can be hired – just contact Campo Base
…further recommended equipment
- Sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document
- Campo Base Voucher
- From the Ortles – Cevedale Mountain group to Garda lake passing through the Brenta Dolomites
- Hiking through alpine meadows, glaciers and securely fitted routes
- Outdoor activities in the mild climate of Garda lake of Trentino
Prices per person
- 5 nights in a mountain refuge- half board (drinks excluded)
- 1 nights in B&B at Garda Lake
- 7 days accompanied by Mounatin Guide / UIAGM / that speaks English
- Transfer Malè - Malga Mare| Rabbi - Passo Campo Carlo Magno | Molveno - Lago di Garda
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Management practice fee: € 20
- Cancellation, medical and luggage insurance - ask for the price!
- Ascent by lift to Grostè € 13
- Transfer Trento - Malè | Riva del Garda - Trento by public transport
- Everything else not mention in the Included services