The climax in the Alps: the Haute Route Chamonix-Zermatt
The Chamonix-Zermatt route, discovered over a hundred years ago by English mountaineers, is the first great crossing of the Alps in the history of ski mountaineering.
It is an amazing route, and definitely one of the most remarkable routes of the Houte Route, linking the world’s mountaineering capital to the splendid Zermatt at the foothills of one of the most renown peaks of the Alps, Mount Cervino.
Its reputation derives from the its surroundings, the sensations, and the panorama in high altitude that l’Haute Route.
The Chamonix – Zermatt route is a great classic among mountaineering enthusiasts and is without doubt very demanding with its the high altitude and difference in level of its stages require a certain amount of training.
Duration7 days/6 nights
7 days / 6 nights
da 1075,00 €
- SATURDAY: arrival in Chamonix - Argentière and meeting with Campo Base Team / mountain guides UIAGM and accommodation
- SUNDAY: Chamonix, Col des Grands, Argentière, Col du Chardonnet 3323 m a.s.l., Fenetre de Saleina, Cabane du Trient 3170 m a.s.l.
- MONDAY: Cabane du Trient , Campex, tran sport by bus or taxi to Orsier e Verbier, Cabane de Monfort 2457 m a.s.l.
- TUESDAY: Cabane du Monfort, Rosablanche 3336m a.s.l., Dix lake, Cabane De Dix 2928 m a.s.l.
- WEDNESDAY: Cabane De Dix, Colle di Brenay, Pignè D'Arolla 3796 m a.s.l., Cab. Des Vignettes 3158 m a.s.l.
- THURSDAY: Cabane des Vignettes, Colle dell'Eveque 3400 m a.s.l., Col du Mont Breule, Tetè De Valpelline 3802 m a.s.l., Schonbielhutte 2694 m a.s.l., Zermatt - Chamonix
- FRIDAY: departure to the various destinations
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions and snow levels
- Chamonix, Argentiere – at 6 p.m.
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Medium / High
- Gradient – 1000 / 1500m daily
- Maximum altitude reached: 3800 m
- Daily commitment – 7/ 8 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Skis and ski boots and crampons
- Arva, spade and probe
- Ski sealskins
- Technical winter clothing
- Gloves and cap
All equipment can be hired – just contact Campo Base
…further recommended equipment
- Backpack and water bottle
- Sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document
- Campo Base Voucher
- Chamonix-Zermatt: the most famous ski mountaineering route for crossing the Alps
- Houte Route with some of the most amazing views in high altitude in the heart of the Alps
- The atmosphere in Chamonix, world’s mountaineering capital and the exclusiveness of Zermatt at the foot of Mount Cervino
Prices per person
- 2 nights in Chamonix – triple or quadruple rooms - b&b
- 4 nights in a mountain lodge – multiple rooms - half board beverages excluded
- 5 days accompanied by Mountain Guides / UIAGM / that speak English
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Transportation and skipass
- Cancellation and medical insurance
- Tourist tax
- Management practice fee € 20
- Everything else that is not mentioned in Included services
Changes in exchange rates euro-swiss franc may lead to a prices' review and currency adjustment.