Val Rendena: snowshoeing excursions
Three days of snowshoeing in Val Rendena to discover the wonders of the winter forest in the company of the Trentino Mountain Guides
Duration3 days/2 nights
da 400,00 €
- 1 DAY :in the morning meeting with the Mountain Guide. We’ll take the cable car up to Monte Spinale, where we’ll put on our snowshoes (“ciaspole”) and we’ll reach the Graffer hut passing by the Lake Spinale and Camp Centener. Amusing evening with the Guide on the Graffer hut.
- DAY 2 :after breakfast, following the path until underneath the Cima Grosté and hugging the coast of the rocky walls of Cima Grosté and Cima Falkner, we’ll reach the famous Cima Roma (about 1 hour ascent to the top). Back to the Passo Grostè and Graffer hut where we’ll enjoy a dinner with regional products.
- DAY 3 :on the snowy meadows below the Orti della Regina we’ll get to the pass in between Grosté and Val Gelada. Passing beside the Malga Vagliana and Vaglianella we’ll reach the Bait del Primo between the woods. Downhill through an amazing gorge that will bring us to Campo Carlo Magno, where we started the first day.
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions and snow levels, however maintaining the basic structure of the and objectives of the proposition.
- Madonna di Campiglio - Trentino
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Ascent gradient: 600 - 800 m daily
- Maximum altitude reached: 2838 m
- Daily commitment: 6 / 7 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Hiking boots
- Walking poles
- Mountain wear including windproof jacket and a change of underwear
- Gloves and cap
- Backpack and water bottle
- Sleeping bag
Equipment can be hired – just contact Campo Base
…further recommended equipment
- Sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher
- Three days of snowshoeing excursions in Val Rendena
- Discovering the wonders of the winter forest
- In the company of the Val di Sole Mountain Guides
On request, we can confirm the departure with 3 participants - supplement € 90 per person.
- 2 nights in mountain hut on half board treatment - dormitory, drinks not included
- 3 days accompanied by English-speaking Alpine/ UIAGM guide
- Hire of climbing equipment, on request
- Personal kit with documentation and information
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Cable car
- Medical insurance at request
- Anything not listed under services included