Ski mountaineering in Val di Sole
Three days of ski mountaineering tours in the company of the Trentino Mountain Guides
Duration3 days/2 nights
3 days / 2 nights
da 445,00 €
- DAY 1: meeting with the Alpine Guides and technical equipment check. Transfer to Plan (1200 m) in the Val di Rabbi, and start your ski mountaineering excursion up the mountain slope trails, passing from dense forests of firs to sparse larch woods, to the open summit of the panoramic Monte Sole (2350 m). The descent down the wide, easy slopes leads to the Monte Sole hut, the base for our activities. Short course in the afternoon on the use of self-rescue equipment for avalanche rescue.
- DAY 2: open trail to the panoramic Cima Vallon, which offers expansive views of the Vioz Cevedale and Presanella mountains. Descent through the wild ravine of Busa Diaol, Val Maleda to the Malga Stablaz Bassa hut (or Maleda Bassa, 1680 m) where the most spectacular part of the descent ends. From here, climbing back up a large ravine and through the sparse larch forest, wearing skis and ski skins once more, you will reach the Malga Monte Sole Alta hut.
- DAY 3: trail on the opposite side of the Val Cercen, where the landscape is more alpine, with more pronounced slopes; good technical skills are needed going both uphill and downhill. The arrival at the top allows a great view of the surrounding valleys and the Dolomites. The descent through the steep ravines leads to the beaten path, leading down to the valley to return to your resort.
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions and snow levels, however maintaining the basic structure of the and objectives of the proposition.
- Malè - Trentino
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Ascent gradient: 1150m / 1200m / 1000m
- Maximum altitude reached: 2889m
- Daily commitment: 5-6 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Skitouring equipment
- A.R.T.VA. shovel and probe
- Mountain wear including windproof jacket and a change of underwear
- Gloves and cap
- Backpack and water bottle
- Sleeping bag
…further recommended equipment
- Sun cream and sunglasses
Required travelling documents
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher
- Three days of ski mountaineering in Val di Rabbi
- Overnight in Mountain Dairy
- Accompanied by Trentino Mountain Guides
Price per person
|3 days / 2 nights||Availability|
|06.01.19 - 24.03.19||€ 445,00||Not available|
Departures are always guaranteed with a minimum of 4 participants.
On request, we can confirm the departure with 3 participants - supplement € 100 per person.
- 2 nights in mountain dairy - dormitory on half board treatment (drinks not included)
- 3 days accompanied by English-speaking Alpine/ UIAGM guide
- Hire of A.R.T.VA. shovel and probe if required
- Personal kit with documentation and information
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Medical insurance at request
- Anything not listed under services included