Alta via 2 of the Dolomites - from Pale di San Martino to Vette Feltrine
The Alta Via 2 in Dolomites, known as "the path of legends", follows an itinerary from north towards south through many dolomitic mountain groups as Plose, Putia, Odle, Puez, Sella, Padon, Pale di San Martino and Alpi Feltrine.
A 6-days hike to discover the area from Passo Valles to Feltre, walking among the incredible and wildest dolomitic chains of Pale di San Martino and Vette Feltrine.
The itinerary, considered as one of the most fascinating in west Dolomites, develops at an average altitude of 2100m with peaks close to 3000m, and not significant techincal difficulties. Some exposed passages on rock are equipped with ropes.
Duration6 days/4 nights
da 865,00 €
- DAY 1: meeting with the Mountain Guide and equipment check. Private transfer to Passo Valles (2032m) and start the hike towards Forcella Venegia (2217m). This first part of the itinerary crosses the coasts of Cima di Valles, then climbing the unmistakable North side of Pale di San Martino group. Walking on trail 710 you reach Passo Mulaz and the homonymus hut (2571m ). +750m / -200m / 3h30
- DAY 2: to Forcella Margherita ( 2655m ) and climb along the steep saddle of Farangole Pass, the highest point of the itinerary (2932m ). From here you reach the north side of Valgrande that runs downhill up to the sleek rocky tower of Torcia. The trail becomes exposed and with some equipped part brings to Pian delle Comelle and then to Rosetta hut. Continue among the Pale di San Martino plateau to Pradidali hut ( 2278m). +1250m / -1400m / 8h
- DAY 3: climb to Lede Pass ( 2695m ), then descending to Minanzio bivouac. From this point walk on steep trail till the end of Val Canali. After a rest at Treviso hut, climb again to Forcella d’Oltro ( 2094m ) and final part of excursion mostly in descent to Passo Cereda (1361m ). +1350m / -2300m / 9h
- DAY 4: towards Comedon Pass ( 2067m ) walking on the Intaiada trail, a steep trail which follows a natural ledge carved into the rock, and then descent to Feltre bivouac (1930m ) in the hearth of Pian della Regina at the foot of Piz de Sagron. Climb to Col dei Bechi ( 1960m ) and walking on the exposed trail "Troi dei Caserin" you reach at Rifugio Boz ( 1718m ). +1400m / -900m / 7h
- DAY 5: to Finestra Pass and with some equipped trails you reach Cima del Sasso Scarnia ( 2227m ) where the crossing of Vette Veltrine starts. In clear sunny days you can see the Venice Lagoon. The itinerary now on a pretty flat terrain reaches shortly Al Piaz hut ( 1993m ). +900m / -650m / 7h
- DAY 6: in descent to Croce d'Aune ( 1011m ) and private transfer back to San Martino di Castrozza +0m / -980m / 3h
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions, however maintaining the basic structure of the and objectives of the proposition.
San Martino di Castrozza
Difficulty and techincal preparation
- Maximum altitude reached: 2932 m
- Daily commitment – 7 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Hiking boots
- Mountain wear including windproof jacket and a change of underwear
- Backpack and water bottle
- Sleeping bag liner
- Via ferrata kit
…further recommended equipment
- Sun cream and sunglasses
- Walking poles
Required travelling documents
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base voucher
- The Alta Via 2 in the Dolomites of Pale di San Martino and Alpi Feltrine
- 6-days hike from Passo Valles to Croce d'Aune
- Accompanied by Trentino Mountain Guides
|24.07.20 - 29.07.20||min.5 - max.6||€ 865,00||On request|
If you do not find the right date for you, contact us, we will try to form a new group that will accompany you on this adventure!
Departures are always guaranteed with minimum 6 participants.
- 5 nights in mountain hut on half board basis (drinks not included)
- 6 days accompanied by English-speaking Alpine/ UIAGM guide
- Rental technical equipment: kit for ferrata
- Private transfers San Martino di Castrozza - Passo Valles | Passo Croce d'Aune - San Martino di Castrozza
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole hiking trip
- Cancellation, medical and luggage insurance
- Everything else not mentioned in the Included services