"Bocchette": the most famous Via Ferrata of Brenta Dolomites
Great Thrill Tour
The Bocchette route is one of the symbols of the well known Brenta Dolomites. The accomplishment of this special path, which is built on the edges of the walls and the natural cracks in the rock, began in the 1930’s and was completed in the 1960’s; it was a very impressive work, made in difficult conditions with material brought here mostly on human shoulders when the use of the helicopter was still unthinkable. The great crossing starts at Grostè Pass and ends at the XII Apostles Refuge over the “Banale area”, showing us the entire massif: the route is obviously divided into multiple sections. Our School proposal includes the central part of the route.
Duration3 days/2 nights
da 380,00 €
- DAY 1: meeting with the Alpine Guides, control of the equipment, program briefing. Ascent by cable car to Grostè Pass (2.442 m); near here begins Benini path, that passes beneath Grostè Summit and Campanile Vallesinella, takes you through the mountain side, to the Bocca del Tuckett under Sella Summit and then to Tuckett Refuge (2.261 m). Dinner and overnight stay. The Alpine Guides will tell you the stories related to events of the realization of the Bocchette path. This first day hike will require about 5-6 hours.
- DAY 2: leaving the Refuge, the trail brings you in wide semicircle to the head of a large basin leading to the attack of Sosat Path (entitled to the working section of the SAT of Trento). Another equipped route using long metal ladders and rungs, that cuts the wall around Brenta Summit with a spectacular route to Alimonta Refuge (2,580 m) located at the Vedretta degli Sfulmini in the heart of the massif. Other 5-6 hours of hiking makes you really deserve and enjoy your dinner and overnight stay in a comfortable Refuge.
- DAY 3: short uphill trail to Bocca d'Armi and beginning of Central Bocchette, perhaps the most spectacular part of the whole itinerary, characterized by a pronounced exposure in the passages formed on the mountain side that overlooks to Molveno lake and the spectacular crossing under the Campanile Basso mountain (2.620 m ) where you can see rock climbers along the different routes of ascent of this superb, elegant monolith of rock. In about 4 hours we get to Bocca di Brenta from where we start the descent to the Brentei Refuge (2.182 m). After a refreshment break it begins the last stretch up to Vallesinella - Madonna di Campiglio through the Casinei Refuge.
The programme could be changed at the discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide – UIAGM based on the weather conditions and snow levels, however maintaining the basic structure of the and objectives of the proposition.
- Passo Campo Carlo Magno - Trentino
Difficulty and technical preparation
- Ascent gradient: 800 m / 600 m / 800 m
- Maximum altitude reached: 3000 m
- Daily commitment: 6 - 7 hours
Equipment and clothing required
- Hiking boots
- Mountain wear including windproof jacket and a change of underwear
- Gloves and cap
- Backpack and water bottle
- Sleeping bag
Equipment can be hired – just contact Campo Base
…further recommended equipment
- Sun cream and sunglasses
- Walking poles
Required travelling documents
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher
- Along the most famous Via Ferrata of the Brenta Dolomities
- Crossing from Grostè Pass to Brentei Refuge with views of Molveno Lake
- Accompanied by Trentino Mountain Guides
Price per person
Minimum 4 participants
|22.06.19- 22.09.19||€ 380,00||On request|
Guaranteed group departures - price per person
Leave with us and our departing groups. If you do not find the right date for you, contact us, we will try to form a new group that will accompany you on this adventure!
On request, we can confirm the departure with 3 participants - supplement € 90 per person.
- 2 nights in mountain hut - dormitories with half board (drinks not included)
- 3 days accompanied by English-speaking Alpine/ UIAGM guide
- Hire of climbing equipment if required
- Personal kit with documentation and information
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Cable car transfers to Passo Grostè
- Transfer from Vallesinella to Passo Campo Carlo Magno by public bus
- Medical insurance at request
- Anything not listed under services included