Trentino Garda Lake: via ferratas directly overlooking Garda Lake
From War to Peace Tour
During the 1915-1918 war, the front line between the Kingdom of Italy and the Habsburg Empire ran right across Trentino, just brushing Garda Lake, which was considered by the Austrian strategists to be an important defensive position since it was a potential point of penetration from the south using the lake. As a result the entire area around Riva, and in particular the overlooking mountains, were fortified with a network of observation points, trenches, and bunkers, hastily occupied by the military. The impressive rock excavations, like the tunnels of Punta Roca, had the purpose of guarding the navigable area of the lake. Many of these constructions can still be visited today and the School has chosen the most spectacular for this program.
Duration3 days/2 nights
da 460,00 €
- DAY 1 : meeting in Arco with the Alpine Guides, equipment check and program briefing. The rest of the day is dedicated to two local via ferratas: the Rio Salagoni Via Ferrata (which finishes at the impressive Drena Castle), and the Monte Colodri Via Ferrata. Accommodation in Arco.
- DAY 2 : Susatti Via Farrata and visit to the trenches and tunnels of Punta Roca. The Alpine Guides will give you detailed historical information and recount the events that occurred here over the course of the First World War. Minibus transfer to the Rifugio Nino Pernici (1.600 m), in Val di Concei, for dinner and accommodation.
- DAY 3 : ascent of Cime di Pichea and visit to the Caverna Riccabona (1.876 m) in a zone densely fortified by the Austrians, where large sections of the constructions are still maintained in good condition, offering a dramatic testimony to the environmental conditions and lives of the soldiers. Return to Malga Trat and minibus transfer to Arco.
Il programma potrà subire variazioni a discrezione del Campo Base Team / Guida Alpina – UIAGM in base alle previsioni meteo mantenendo comunque inalterati la struttura sostanziale e gli obiettivi della proposta
Arco - Trentino
Difficoltà & preparazione tecnica
- Medio-facile con vie ferrate
- Dislivello salita – 400 / 650 giornalieri
- Quota massima raggiunta: 2151 m
- Impegno giornaliero – 5 / 6 ore
Attrezzatura ed abbigliamento richiesto
- Scarpocini da trekking
- Abbigliamento da montagna completo di giacca a vento e ricambio intimo
- Guanti e berretto
- Zaino e borraccia
- Sacco lenzuolo personale
…ulteriore equipaggiamento e dotazioni consigliate
- Macchina fotografica
- Crema e occhiali da sole
- Bastoncini da trekking
Documenti di viaggio necessari
- Carta identità / Passaporto
- Voucher Campo Base
- Viaggio tra trincee e postazioni asburgiche, dalle rive alle cime del Lago di Garda
- Tre giorni di escursioni e vie ferrate con panorami inediti sul Lago di Garda
- In compagnia delle Guide Alpine del Trentino
Price per person
Minimum 4 participants
|21.04.18 - 13.10.18||€ 460,00||Not available|
Departures are always guaranteed with a minimum of 4 participants.
On request, we can confirm the departure with 3 participants - supplement € 95 per person.
- 1 night in agritur / B&b - twin or multiple rooms with half board (drinks not included)
- 1 night in mountain hut - multiple rooms with half board (drinks not included)
- 3 days accompanied by English-speaking Alpine/ UIAGM guide
- Transfers as in the programme
- Hire of climbing equipment if required
- Personal kit with documentation and information
- Assistance from Campo Base and its team for the whole week
- Medical insurance at request
- Anything not listed under services included