Self-guided mountain crossing of the Brenta Dolomites
- Enjoy an hut-to-hut self guided hiking tour in the only Dolomite Group of western Trentino
- Be surprised by the wild charm of the Brenta Dolomites - UNESCO World Heritage
- Relax on the shores of Lake Molveno the most beautiful in Italy, a tresure of Adamello Brenta Nature Park
Duration 7 days
Self-guided hiking tour in the Brenta Dolomites: from Madonna di Campiglio to Molveno
In western Trentino, the Brenta Dolomites stand out vigorously in a succession of peaks, towers and pinnacles stand out. This mountain range rises up isolated from the others Dolomite massifs and is characterized by its wild and unspoiled natural landscapes.
The classic crossing of the mountain range develops following the via ferrata of Bocchette, the most famous one at high altitude in the entire Dolomites, which taking advantage of several natural ledges and vertical ladders connects the huts from Passo Grostè to Val d’Ambiez. But there is also another hiking route that - avoiding the use of technical equipment and following beaten trails - allows trekkers to cross the massif starting from the green forests surrounding Vallesinella waterfalls to then skirt the imposing dolomitic walls and finally reach Lake Molveno, declared six time in a row “the most beautiful and clean lake in Italy”.
- Day 1
Arrival in Val di Sole and check-in in 3* hotel.
- Day 2 - VALLESINELLA WATERFALLS
Ascent: +720m. Descent: -0m. Distance: 5km. Hiking time: 3h
Transfer by public bus to Madonna di Campiglio. Surrounded by forests of larches, the trail runs along river Sarca until Vallesinella waterfalls which you will cross on bridges and wooden walkways. The route proceeds until a small clearing where it is possible to enjoy a short break in the hut, to then resume the ascent until you cross the vegetation and find yourself surrounded by the typical light colours of Dolomia. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.272 m).
- Day 3 - BRENTEI
Ascent: +720m. Descent: -370m. Distance: 6km. Hiking time: 3h
Developing between rocks and mugo pines, a nice trail offers wide views on the snow-clapped peaks of Adamello and it connects to a path that with gentle ups and downs skirts the slopes of Brenta peak. From here you reach a large grassy expanse where it is possible to taste the traditional flavors of Trentino cuisine in front of the imposing northern wall of Crozzon di Brenta. Now begins the ascent on a trail that between gravels and easy rocky leaps leads in about 1 hour at the foot of Vedretta degli Sfulmini, immersed in a natural amphitheater bordered by imposing vertical walls. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.580 m).
- Day 4 - VAL BRENTA
Ascent: +520m. Descent: -600m. Distance: 5km. Hiking time: 3h
The trail develops uphill along the higher part of Val Brenta on a rocky and detritus path. After a short canal you reach the snowfield that in a few meters leads to Bocca di Brenta (2.552 m), the main pass of the entire mountain range which divides the homonymous valley from the side of Molveno and represents the accesspoint to the most renowned stretch of Via delle Bocchette – namely Bocchette Centrali. Technical equipment is not necessary, however due to the possible presence – usually in late season – of stretches where ice tends to emerge along the snowfield the use of crampons can be useful to facilitate safer steps. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (2.491 m).
- Day 5 - VAL DELLE SEGHE
Ascent: +0m. Descent: -1020m. Distance: 6km. Hiking time: 2h30
Today you leave the unmistakable forms of the most representative peaks of Brenta behind and proceed towards an hollow called Laghet - its name refers to the ancient presence of karstic lakes. Across meadows, mugo pines and rhododendrons you reach the alpine pasture surrounding Baito Massodi (1.968 m) and from here the itinerary proceeds between gravels and rocky steps until reaching the high-rise vegetation surrounding a small alpine hut. With a last stretch the leg ends on the opposite side of Val delle Seghe. Dinner and overnight stay in hut (1.431 m).
- Day 6 - LAKE MOLVENO
Ascent: +0m. Descent: -120m. Distance: 4km. Hiking time: 1h30
A gentle descent in the wood leads at the foot of the imposing south-west wall of Croz dell’Altissimo. Advancing on a very characteristic stretch - along an exposed ledge secured by the presence of metal ropes – you pass the rocky trail and on mosty flat route the hike continues towards Rifugio Pradel (1.359 m). Descent by lifts to Lake Molveno. In the afternoon return to Val di Sole by public transport. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 6
The program could be changed at discretion of the Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and forecasts, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
Discover our other hiking tours on the Alps
DATES & PRICES
20.06.2023 - 12.09.2023
|€ 590,00||Book now|
- 2 nights in hotel 3* - double/twin room (reduction 3°/4° bed - EUR 40)
- 4 nights in mountain hut - dormitory with shared bathroom
- Half board basis
- Information file and hiking map
- 24-hour support
- City tax at the hotel
- Beverages and extra
- Single room supplement in hotel EUR 40
- Transfer by public transport (day 2 and day 6) - about EUR 15 per person
- Sleeping bag liner - on request EUR 15
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
The reservation request is considered a binding agreement. Availability of all services will be checked by our staff, who will provide confirmation by email within 48 working hours.
If there is no availability on the selected dates, the option will be as follows:
- To use the deposit to book another trip
- To choose alternative dates
- To cancel the trip with full refund of the deposit
All services will be confirmed only after having received a 30% deposit (or the full cost in case of “last minute” bookings) of the vacation.
Balance payment is due 21 days before the trip.
We accept the following payment methods: Bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard/ Visa).
In case of cancellation the following terms & conditions will be applied:
- 30% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated up to 45 days prior to the trip start date
- 70% of the total price of the trip for cancellations communicated from 44 to 30 days prior to the trip start date
- No refund beyond these terms
- Trekking poles
- Bottles for water
- Light cap or bandana
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Rainwear: waterproof jacket + pants or a cloak or a poncho
- Hiking trousers
- Hiking boots (suggested hiking boots in Gore-Tex)
Personal hygiene items
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Sleeping bag liner + blanket or summer sleeping bag
- Shower gel/soap, shampoo etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- First aid kit (important: adhesive bandage)
- Mobile phone and a charger
- Torch headband
- Euros in cash – credit cards are not accepted in mountain huts
- Whistle for emergency
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- Thermal underwear (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light gloves (in cold periods, and based on personal preferences)
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher