...on the sunny south side of the Alps
- From on-slope to off-slope skiing and from alpine skiing to backcountry ski touring
- The Valleys of Racines, Ridanna, Fleres e Vizze …quality and quantity of snow!
- The culture of South Tyrol: enchanting towns full of history, friendly people, welcoming facilities and a refined cuisine
Duration 7 days
In South Tyrol you can find a vast variety of ski mountaineering trips, especially in the valleys of Racines, Ridanna, Fleres and Vizze, which are situated on the sunny side of the southern Alps… from simple tours to more demanding ski adventures!
A typical characteristic of the Brenner Valleys - along the crest of the border between the south side and north side of the Alps- is that the quantity and quality of its snow is if often hard to find anywhere else!
A unique combination of ski touring and alpine landscape: amazing views, enchanting towns full of history, friendly people, welcoming facilities and a refined cuisine of tradition flavours.
During this week a progressive switch from on-slope to off-slope skiing and from alpine skiing to ski mountaineering is carried out.
Starting with the skiing techniques used on the slopes you will switch to skiing ion fresh snow off the slopes finishing up with proper ski mountaineering excursions!
- DAY 1: VIPITENO : meeting with mountain guide
- DAY 2: RACINES: technical notions for off-slope skiing and ski mountaineering
- DAY 3: RACINES: technical notions for off-slope skiing and ski mountaineering
- DAY 4: VAL RIDANNA: easy ski mountaineering trip in Val Ridanna
- DAY 5: easy ski tour in Val di Fleres
- DAY 6: easy ski tour in Val di Vizze
- DAY 7: departure for any given destination
The main destinations during this week will be for example Kleine Kreutzspitze (2518 m); la Mauererspitze (2628 m); l'Hocheck (2867 m); la Elles Spitze (2676 m); Cima Libera (3425 m)
The program could be changed at discretion of Campo Base Team / Mountain Guide - UIAGM based on weather conditions and snow levels, mantaining however inalterate the basic structure and the aims of the proposal.
Check out our offer of ski mountaineering tours
DATES & PRICES
- 6 nights in hotel*** - double room
- Half board basis
- 6 days with UIAGM local Guide - English speaking
- Instructions and assistance with logistics
- 24-hour support
- City tax
- Beverages and extra
- Transfers - can be organized on request
- Traveler and cancellation's insurance
- Everything not mentioned
- Water bottle
- Skis and ski boots
- Arva, spade and probe
- Ski sealskins
- Gloves and cap
- Shirts or T-shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof and windproof jacket
- Warm jacket
- Warm pants
- Thermal underwear
Personal Hygiene Items
- Face Mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Soap, shampoo, etc.
- Sunscreen with appropriate UV protection level
- Lip balm with UV protection
- Mobile phone and a charger
…FURTHER RECCOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
- First aid kit
- Light snack
- Power bank for your mobile phone
REQUIRED TRAVELLING DOCUMENTS
- Identification document/ Passport
- Campo Base Voucher